Upgrading your old iPhone to the latest iPhone model?
You don’t need to be wasting long periods of waiting time anymore and here’s how:
With the iPhone, take advantage of the newest transfer methods like Quick Start and iPhone Migration to make transferring information to your new iPhone super easy.
Before you begin, ensure that your current device is updated to atleast iOS 11.
1. Turn on your new device and place it next to your current device.
– Make sure your bluetooth is on
– The Quick Start screen will appear with the option to set up your new device with an Apple ID.
2. An Animation will appear on your new device. Hold your current device over your new device and center the animation view finder.
– Wait for the message “Finish” on the new device.
3. When asked, enter your current devices passcode on your new device.
4. Follow the instructions to set up Face ID or Touch ID on your new device.
5. When promoted, enter your Apple ID and password on the new device.
6. Select either of the following:
– Restore apps, data, settings, etc. from your most recent iCloud backup.
– Update your current devices backup and then restore.
This method requires both your old and new device to be using iOS 12.4 or later.
1. Follow steps 1 to 4 from Quick Start
2. Tap transfer from iPhone to being transferring your data from your previous iPhone to your new iPhone.
3. Have your devices next to each other and plugged into a power source until the iPhone data migration process is complete. Tranfer times will vary depending on your network conditions and the amount of data being transferred.