At the end of this past September, Apple started releasing their iPhone 14 series, including the iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max. Here is a summary of each one, as well as opinions from some Apple users.
- The iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro both have 6.1” displays with Super Retina XDR, but the iPhone 14 Pro also has ProMotion technology and an Always-On display, as well as a dynamic island which is a new interaction for iPhones.
- The iPhone 14 Plus and iPhone 14 Pro Max both have 6.7” displays, also with Super Retina XDR, but like the iPhone 14 Pro, the iPhone 14 Pro Max also has the same additional features.
- For displays specifically, the iPhone 14 Plus is a larger version of the iPhone 14, and the iPhone 14 Pro Max is a larger version of the iPhone 14 Pro.
- Many users have found that their issue with the iPhone Pro Max is that it is much too large for them to handle, which is why the iPhone 14 Pro is a smaller, and cheaper alternative with extremely similar features.
- The iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus both have dual 12MP camera systems, including the main lens and an ultra-wide lens. The iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max both have pro camera systems with 3 lenses, including a 48MP main lens, 12MP ultra-wide lens, and a 12MP telephoto lens. They are also equipped with a second-generation sensor-shift optical image stabilization, compared to the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus which have the first-generation sensor-shift optical image stabilization.
- All the iPhones have action mode to smooth out shaky handheld videos, as well as .5x and 1x optical zoom options. The iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max also have 2x and 3x optical zoom options.