Smartphones nowadays are getting increasingly larger, making it hard for people that prefer small phones to find good options. Many people prefer bigger phones as they tend to come with better cameras and batteries, and make watching videos more enjoyable, but there is still a market for smaller sized phones. This is due to a number of reasons, like portability, one-handed use, and comfort. Here are some of the best small smartphones available today:
Apple iPhone 13 Mini
- Apple offers a few Mini options for their iPhone, with the most recent being the iPhone 13 Mini as they did not make one for their iPhone 14 series.
- It has a 5.4-inch display, compared to the iPhone 13 with a 6.1-inch display. It’s equipped with a dual rear camera system with a 12MP main lens and an ultra-wide lens, as well as a TrueDepth front camera. It has .5x and 1x optical zoom options and up to 17 hours of video playback.
- It is MagSafe, and has a ceramic shield front which is tougher than smartphone glass. It is also water-resistant to a depth of 6 metres for up to 30 minutes.
- The iPhone 13 Mini is available in 6 colours, red, starlight, midnight, blue, pink, and green, and has memory options of 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB.
- Overall, it is a good small smartphone option with a decent camera and battery life, however it is a slightly pricier option starting at $849.
iPhone SE (3rd Generation)
- This is another small smartphone option offered by Apple, which has a display size of 4.7-inch. While it has a smaller display than the iPhone 13 Mini, the phone itself is actually slightly larger as it is widescreen not all-screen, meaning that the ends of the phone extend beyond the screen itself.
- It has an advanced camera system with a 12MP main lens and front camera, and a 1x optical zoom option. It has a battery life of up to 15 hours, and unlike the iPhone 13 Mini it does not have Face ID, but it has Touch ID. It is water resistant to a depth of 1 metre for up to 30 minutes, and is not MagSafe.
- There are 3 colour options, including midnight, starlight, and red, as well as 3 memory options, 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB.
Google Pixel 6A
- This is a larger option as it has a 6.1-inch display, but it is a good option for those that prefer Android devices. It is slightly smaller than the Pixel 7, which is 6.1-inch, and much smaller than the Samsung Galaxy A53 which is 6.5-inch.
- The battery can last over 24 hours, and up to 72 hours with its extreme battery saver mode on. It has the same Tensor chip as the Pixel 6, and a dual-camera system with a 12.2MP wide lens and a 12MP ultrawide lens.
- It only has one memory option for 128GB, and comes in 3 colours, sage, chalk, and charcoal. It is around the same price as the iPhone SE, priced at $599.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
- This is a large phone with a display size of 6.7-inch, but it gets all the perks of being a small phone since it folds in half. This makes it easy to hold and easily fits in any pocket, and it has an outer display that shows notifications so you don’t have to unfold it to check.
- It has a dual-camera system, both with 12MP, and a digital zoom up to 10x, and the battery can last up to 19 hours.